Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lei Cha - Pounded Tea

Lei cha (擂茶; léi chá; literally "pounded tea") is a Hakka tea-based beverage or gruel consisting of a mix of tea leaves and herbs that are ground or pounded together with various roasted nutsseeds, and grains. The tea is drunk for breakfast or on cold winters as a tasty and healthy restorative. Lei cha is very popular in TaiwanSouthern ChinaMalaysia as well as any locales with a substantial Hakka diaspora population.

Various vegetables, nuts, herbs, taufu, beans are all in a bowl of rice. Looks yummy cause I personally love vegetables! 

Here come's the bowl of green tea. 


How to eat Lei Cha?

Just scoop the green tea into your bowl of grounded vegetable rice.


Then if you like, you can add some salted vegetables and peanuts into it.


Traditionally lei cha is a savory brew; in contemporary interpretations it is often consumed as a sweet drink. This is called "Special Drink". Why is it so special? Cause it contains nata de' coco, cincau, pineapple chunks, and longan all mixed together. More like a fruit punch to me. 


As much as I love green tea and vegetables, I didn't like "leicha". My tastebud just couldn't accept it.


But others loved it..

Suzan.

Jenson.

Dad.


SO instead, I went unhealthy and ordered ...


FRIED MUSHROOMS.
i freaking love mushrooms!




Now, deep it in the sauce. a huge thumbs up!


Then, I went home,
i was craving for more mushrooms. again, i freaking love mushrooms! So, I made a pot of


Homemade Mixed Mushrooms

 Add it into your bowl of noodles, mmmm yummy!


Homemade Mihun Vegetable Soup with Mixed Mushrooms

If you wish to cook Mixed Mushrooms w/ Mihun Noodles (Vegetarian Style),
you can get the recipe from me.

I can give you the recipe for non-vegetarian style too, which is way more delicious.

Homemade Fried Bitter-gourd with Mixed Spices


The recipes are truly my creation, and not obtained by any sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment